Green Salsa Enchilada
- tomatillos 1 lb.
- garlic 2 cloves
- jalapeno 1 pepper
- chicken stock 1/2 cup
- lime juice 1/2 tsp
- onion, chopped 1/4 cup
- oregano, Mexican 1 tsp
- or cilantro, fresh ~1/4 cup
- Roast ingredients under broiler for several minutes until charred. Remove from oven, deglaze pan with chicken stock, and let cool.
- Peel pepper.
- Puree tomatillo with pepper, lime juice, onion and cilantro/oregono.
- sour cream 1/4-1/2 cup
- garlic, chopped 2 cloves
- olive oil 2 tbsp
- salt 1/4 tsp
- Saute garlic in skillet or saucepan
- Add salsa, heat for ~1min.
- Off heat stir in sour cream.
- Divide into two parts for making filling and topping.
- chicken, cooked/shredded 2 cups
- mozarella, fresh, chopped 1-2 oz (4 small balls)
- cheddar, shredded <=1 oz.
- Add chicken, mozarella, half of cheddar to salsa (filling portion).
- tortillas 6-8, 5-6 in.
- Prepare greased baking dish (square/rectangular)
- Spread a small amount of topping salsa bottom of dish.
- Soften tortillas, then fill with salsa mixture. Form and place in baking dish seam side down.
- Spread remaining topping salsa over enchiladas in dish, sprinkle grated cheese over top
- Cover dish with aluminum foil, bake for 15 min at 350°F, then remove foil and bake for ~10 min uncovered.
About Thinair Recipes
Recipes developed with low-sodium diets in mind—so easy to use!
Here's a quick guide:
Recipes have one or more “boxed” ingredient lists grouped with step-by-step instructions, for example:
- garlic, chopped 3 cloves
- chicken stock 2 cups
- ...other ingredients...
- Saute garlic in oil until soft.
- Add chicken stock to pan...
- ...next step...
Ingredient boxes show what you'll need for the numbered steps. Not too complicated!
BTW “salt” in our recipes refers to salt substitute, i.e., potassium chloride, KCl. (Since KCl may not be healthy for some people, ask your doctor if it's OK for you to use it.)