- Fish, chopped fine 1/2 lb
- Egg white 1 egg
- Garbanzo bean flour 1 tbsp
- Green onion, chopped fine 1 onion
- Lime juice 2 tsp
- Parsley, dried 1/2 tsp
- Pickle, chopped fine 1.5 tsp
- Mustard, dry, ground 1/4-1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Pepper, black 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil 2-3 tbsp
- Put ingredients in large bowl, mix with fork until even. Don't overmix.
- Prepare patties, about 85g each for small-medium burgers.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium setting. When hot, add oil to pan, then carefully place burgers in pan.
- Saute burgers for 2-3 minutes on first side. Then gently flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Burgers cook quickly and best not to overcook.
- Remove from heat and let rest for a minute or two before serving.
- If desired, a deglazing sauce could be made with white wine or vermouth plus some fish stock or bottled clam juice.
About Thinair Recipes
Recipes developed with low-sodium diets in mind—so easy to use!
Here's a quick guide:
Recipes have one or more “boxed” ingredient lists grouped with step-by-step instructions, for example:
- garlic, chopped 3 cloves
- chicken stock 2 cups
- ...other ingredients...
- Saute garlic in oil until soft.
- Add chicken stock to pan...
- ...next step...
Ingredient boxes show what you'll need for the numbered steps. Not too complicated!
BTW “salt” in our recipes refers to salt substitute, i.e., potassium chloride, KCl. (Since KCl may not be healthy for some people, ask your doctor if it's OK for you to use it.)