Mexican Spice Mix
- cumin, ground 3 tbsp
- paprika, smoked 1 tbsp
- oregano, dried, Mexican 2 tsp
- basil, dried 1½ tsp
- pepper, black, ground 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder 1/8 tsp
- onion powder 1/8 tsp
- cinnamon, ground <1/8 tsp
- allspice, ground <1/8 tsp
- Mix spices thoroughly. A blender might be helpful.
- Store in a sealed container. A salvaged spice bottle with a coarse shaker top is a good choice.
About Thinair Recipes
Recipes developed with low-sodium diets in mind—so easy to use!
Here's a quick guide:
Recipes have one or more “boxed” ingredient lists grouped with step-by-step instructions, for example:
- garlic, chopped 3 cloves
- chicken stock 2 cups
- ...other ingredients...
- Saute garlic in oil until soft.
- Add chicken stock to pan...
- ...next step...
Ingredient boxes show what you'll need for the numbered steps. Not too complicated!
BTW “salt” in our recipes refers to salt substitute, i.e., potassium chloride, KCl. (Since KCl may not be healthy for some people, ask your doctor if it's OK for you to use it.)