- Chinese rice wine 8 oz
- salt 2½ tsp
- molasses 1 tbsp
- rice wine vinegar 1/2 tsp
- citric acid 5% 1/4 tsp
- nori flakes 1 tsp
- mushroom powder 1/2 tsp
- nutritional yeast 1/2 tsp
- sumac, ground ~1/16 tsp
- Place ingredients in a saucepan. Stir well to dissolve salt and molasses.
- Heat contents until boiling. Continue to boil for 2-3 minutes until volume reduced to 5 to 5½ ounces.
- Let cool. Filter through strainer into storage container.
- Can be used immediately. Will last for several days in refrigerator.
About Thinair Recipes
Recipes developed with low-sodium diets in mind—so easy to use!
Here's a quick guide:
Recipes have one or more “boxed” ingredient lists grouped with step-by-step instructions, for example:
- garlic, chopped 3 cloves
- chicken stock 2 cups
- ...other ingredients...
- Saute garlic in oil until soft.
- Add chicken stock to pan...
- ...next step...
Ingredient boxes show what you'll need for the numbered steps. Not too complicated!
BTW “salt” in our recipes refers to salt substitute, i.e., potassium chloride, KCl. (Since KCl may not be healthy for some people, ask your doctor if it's OK for you to use it.)