Savory yogurt dressing
Mon 02 Apr 2018 23:53:28 PDT
Here's a yogurt dressing that makes a perfect dip for a vegetable appetizer platter, corn chips or any other goodies. It goes well with baked chicken, steamed vegetables and other dishes that need a little flavor boost. Using best quality yogurt you can find is important for getting the most flavor into the sauce you make. This recipe is the epitome of simplicity. Consider the the suggested mixture of spices as a starting point, "vary to suit your taste" is kind of the theme song around here!
- yogurt 1 cup
- cumin, ground 1/2 tsp
- coriander, ground 1 tsp
- cardamom, ground 1/2 tsp
- allspice, ground 1/4 tsp
- green onion, chopped 2 tsp
- parsley, fresh, chopped 2 tsp
- lemon zest 1/6 lemon
- mushroom powder 1 tsp
- nutritional yeast 1/2 tsp
- Szechuan peppercorn, ground 1/4 tsp
- maple syrup 1/2 tsp
- salt, pepper 1/4 tsp
- Put yogurt into a small bowl.
- Add seasonings and mix thoroughly.
- Best if stands at room temperature for half an hour or so before serving. Should keep well in the refrigerator for several days.
About Thinair Recipes
Recipes developed with low-sodium diets in mind—so easy to use!
Here's a quick guide:
Recipes have one or more “boxed” ingredient lists grouped with step-by-step instructions, for example:
- garlic, chopped 3 cloves
- chicken stock 2 cups
- ...other ingredients...
- Saute garlic in oil until soft.
- Add chicken stock to pan...
- ...next step...
Ingredient boxes show what you'll need for the numbered steps. Not too complicated!
BTW “salt” in our recipes refers to salt substitute, i.e., potassium chloride, KCl. (Since KCl may not be healthy for some people, ask your doctor if it's OK for you to use it.)