- Broccoli, cleaned, trimmed 2-4 cups
- Bring a few quarts of water to boil in a large pot.
- Add broccoli to pot, wait until water returns to a boil. After water boils for 10 to 15 seconds, drain broccoli and toss broccoli into a large bowl of ice-cold water.
- When broccoli is thoroughly cooled, drain and spin-dry if desired. The cooled broccoli can hold for quite a while before finishing.
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Ginger, fresh, minced 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium temp, then saute ginger for a minute or so.
- Put broccoli in skillet, stirring to expose all of the broccoli to the heated oil.
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Season with salt/pepper. Continue to stir broccoli until heated to serving temp, then serve.
About Thinair Recipes
Recipes developed with low-sodium diets in mind—so easy to use!
Here's a quick guide:
Recipes have one or more “boxed” ingredient lists grouped with step-by-step instructions, for example:
- garlic, chopped 3 cloves
- chicken stock 2 cups
- ...other ingredients...
- Saute garlic in oil until soft.
- Add chicken stock to pan...
- ...next step...
Ingredient boxes show what you'll need for the numbered steps. Not too complicated!
BTW “salt” in our recipes refers to salt substitute, i.e., potassium chloride, KCl. (Since KCl may not be healthy for some people, ask your doctor if it's OK for you to use it.)